The open call for the 2023 edition of the "Centre national de la danse x Cité internationale des arts" programme is currently closed. The results will be announced in mid-January 2023.
The "Centre national de la danse x Cité internationale des arts" Residency is open to choreographers of all nationalities, working and living outside of France (overseas territories excluded).
The purpose of this residency is to promote the mobility of professionals and to enlarge their network. For the choreographer, it is an opportunity to make their work known in France and to expand their research.
With this program, the Centre national de la danse and the Cité internationale des arts are committed to supporting the project of each laureate by allowing him/her to benefit from a privileged accompaniment and a three-month residency in Paris and Pantin.
All the information and practical questions are available below (please consult these elements before submitting your application).
The recipient will benefit from:
• A three-month artistic residency, either from March to May 2023 or from September to November 2023 at the Cité internationale des arts, in a studio with a work-place and a furnished living-place (bedroom, shower, kitchen, wifi), located in the heart of Paris.
• A studio time, at the Centre national de la danse at Pantin, located North-Est of Paris.
• A specific artistic and professional accompaniment: access to the networks and documentary resources of the two partners.
The program includes:
• International transportation to and from Paris with a VISA and travel insurance.
• A grant for living expenses: 1 000 euros /month.
• A production grant: 1 500 euros.
• A presentation event, to be defined according to the laureate's project.
To apply, the choreographer must:
• Reside outside of France (mainland territory only, choreographers living in French overseas territories are welcome to apply)
• Be at least 25 years old on the application deadline (December 14, 2022).
• Be able to provide proof of professional artistic activity for at least three years.
• Have already created one or several choreographical’s projects
From November 19 to December 14, 2022, included
From March 03 to May 26, 2023
From September 04 to November 27, 2023
Candidates’ files must contain the following elements:
• Completed online application form (NB: you must have a Google account).
• A detailed resume.
• A note presenting the project proposed for the artistic residency
The selection will be made by a jury of professionals, with the directors of the three partner institutions, and a specialist invited for the program.
The portfolios and residency projects will be judged on the quality of the work, its artistic coherence, and the necessity of its realization in Paris.
With a surface area ranging from 25 to 60m2, the studio apartments are designed to combine production and daily life. They consist of a work room, a kitchen, a bathroom and a sleeping area. A live-in studio can accommodate up to two adults and a child up to 7 years old.
Unfortunately, the proposed live-in studio do not meet current accessibility standards for people with disabilities, and we are working on this for the future.
If you have any questions about the accessibility of the Cité internationale des arts, we are at your disposal
CND studios are 60 to 200 m2 area.
The CN D is unique in that it brings together in a single establishment a wide range of professional activities, from professional dance training to careers advice, while also appealing to the general public.
A unique site in the service of dance
As a public establishment, founded thanks to the initiative of the Ministry of Culture, the CN D brings together all of the resources aimed at the sector of choreography and its publics. It accompanies and trains professional dancers, enhances amateur practice, assists research, conserves and distributes choreographic heritage, supports the creation of choreographic works in all their diversity and dialogues with other artistic fields.
A team in the service of one and all
The expert, accessible teams of the departments of the CN D develop resources, transmit knowhow and knowledge, accompany professionals, amateurs and creative artists, while also dialoguing with the sector and the public in an exploratory dynamic so as to assist in the development of dance in the best possible way.
Central and welcoming
Firmly based in Pantin, in the outskirts of Paris, as well as in Lyon and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, the premises of the CN D are genuine agorae that federate and favour exchanges.
International and nomadic
The CN D is open to the world and present both on the international scene and in France, reaching out to one and all through its innovative, mobile schemes.
Being both a pioneer and a repository of the memory of dance, the CN D constructs a common space, while developing and encouraging initiatives. It is in motion alongside artists, professionals and publics.
The Cité internationale des arts is an artist residency that brings together artists in the heart of Paris and allows them to implement a creative or research project in all disciplines.
From two months to a year, the Cité internationale des arts allows artists to work in an favourable environment for artistic creation, and to meet culture professionals. The team of the Cité internationale des arts provides residents with individual support.
In the Marais or in Montmartre, the live-in studios (spaces for living and creating) allow residents to cohabit with more than 300 artists and art professionals of all generations, nationalities and disciplines. In collaboration with its many partners, the Cité internationale des arts opens several calls for applications on specific themes and/or projects throughout the year.