The Cité internationale des arts, with the support of the Direction des affaires culturelles (DAC) of Martinique, offers a residency program for artists, authors or curators residing in Martinique who wish to develop a research and/or creation project in the field of visual arts, performing arts and writing. Through this call for projects, two recipients will be selected to benefit from a three- month residency in Paris.
Thanks to this partnership, the residents will benefit from tailor-made support, monthly meetings and individual interviews with artists and cultural professionals. It is also anchored at the heart of the life, activities and networks of the Cité internationale des arts and its 325 residents of all disciplines, generations and nationalities.
All information and practical questions to read below and available for download > HERE < (please consult these elements before submitting your application).
If for any reason you cannot access online registration, please contact the residency department at the Cité internationale des arts: email@example.com
The program includes:
• Live-in studio at the Cité internationale des arts (Marais site);
• Professional and artistic support and advice.
• A 1 000 € monthly grant to cover living expenses;
• A 2 400 € production grant;
• Coverage of outward and return transport costs.
The call for applications for this residency program is intended for artists, authors or curators wishing to develop a research and/or creative project in the field of visual arts, performing arts and writing.
The applicant must:
• Be over 18 years old;
• Reside in Martinique;
• Be engaged in professional life and show evidence of artistic practice for at least 5 years.
By submitting his application, the artist commits to :
• To accept the dates of residency that may be granted by the commission;
• To be available throughout the residency, uninterruptedly for the duration of three months proposed;
• To comply with the general regulations;
• To participate in the various professional meetings and other meetings implemented by the Cité internationale des arts.
In addition to appraising each candidate’s professional background and experience, the members of the jury will pay particular attention to the artistic quality of the project, the arguments presented around the added value of the prospect of a residency in Paris, the work protocol envisaged and the contacts or partnerships already established.
From March 17th to April 29th, 2021 included.
The results will be announced from mid-May 2021 onwards.
Beginning of the residencies:
July to September 2021 or October to December 2021 (Applicants must indicate at the time of application their preference for one of the sessions, or whether they are available for both).
Applications for the Cité internationale des arts committees must be made using the special online form. You will need a Google account to apply. If you don’t have one, you can create one HERE.
If you cannot access online registration, please contact the Cité internationale des arts committees office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone calls will not be answered.
You will not be able to modify your application once it has been finalised. Please fill out this form as accurately as possible.
Before completing the online form below, please make sure you have the following documents in your possession (PDF format):
• 1 curriculum vitae (4 pages maximum)
• 1 portfolio (between 5 and 20 pages maximum)
• 1 presentation of the project that the applicant wishes to work on during the residency (between 2 and 4 pages maximum)
• Links to video and/or audio files representative of your work (mp3, avi)
• Letters of recommendation (5 maximum) in French and/or English
The 25 m2 to 60 m2 live-in studios have been designed to meet the needs of both work and everyday life. Each one has a workspace, a kitchen, a bathroom and a sleeping area. A studio can accommodate one or two adults and a child up to 7 years old.
Collective applications must be made as follows and according to the circumstances:
• for a joint project, only one application needs to be submitted on behalf of the two artists
• for two different projects, please submit two separate applications (please make a note in the ‘‘other remarks’’ section at the end of the form that you wish to share a studio and specify the name of the second applicant).
Applications for collective projects involving more than two artists are very rarely selected in view of the small number of suitable studios.
We regret that our studios are not fully wheelchair accessible, but we are working to remedy this situation.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions regarding accessibility at the Cité internationale des arts. We are at your disposal to answer you on a case-by-case basis.
The Direction des Affaires Culturelles of Martinique is the deconcentrated service of the Ministry of Culture. The DAC Martinique is responsible for implementing, under the authority of the Prefect, the cultural policy defined by the government.
Located in Fort-de-France, it has four major ambitions:
• To make culture a driving force for regional development;
• To promote education and higher education in the arts;
• To strengthen regional cooperation;
• To make culture a vector for economic growth.
The DAC’s mission is to support artistic creation and, to this end, to encourage the mobility of artists in the region through programs that provide assistance or support for research, writing or creative residencies.
The Cité internationale des arts is an artist’s residency in the heart of Paris that brings together creators and allows them to implement a production or research project in all disciplines.
For periods of two months to a year, the Cité internationale des arts offers an environment favorable to creation, open to meetings with professionals from the cultural milieu. Residents benefit from customized support from the Cité internationale des arts team.
In the Marais or in Montmartre, the residency also provides an opportunity to meet and dialogue with more than 300 artists and actors from the art world of all generations, all nationalities and all disciplines.
In collaboration with its many partners, the Cité internationale des arts launches several thematic and/or project-based open calls throughout the year.